About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
Hello Everyone and thank you for visiting! My name is MO and I live on Vancouver Island, BC Canada. This blog is to share with others my love of nature and homemade life like crochet, gardening, decorating, flowers, art, crafts, photos and perhaps the occasional recipe as well. Please drop by frequently and feel free to share. If you would like to send me an email, my address is murmursdfa@gmail.com

Sunday, November 17, 2013

BAKING GOODNESS

Hello Everyone
I've been absent for a bit and some days I just don't know where times goes!

I made this sourdough bread from a starter batch.  I've never used a starter before, so something new to try.  Used a sourdough starter from http://culturedfoodconnection.com/.  (This is a new business venture for two long-standing friends.)  It grew very quickly and I fed and kept it warm every day. 

 

For my first batch of sourdough bread I just used plain everyday flour.
  
 

Fresh crusty sourdough...O Yum!!!!

Then I thought let's try a different take on bread. I used the sourdough starter for Focaccia bread with basil and oregano.
 

Next time I make focaccia I will add sun-dried tomatoes. The sourdough starter is now resting in my fridge.  Next I'm going to use rye flour.

Made a blueberry pie/torte (not sourdough). Some pretty tasty pie, warm with vanilla ice cream!
  
 
I have some crochet to share with you...until next time, MO



No comments:

Post a Comment