About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
Hello Everyone and thank you for visiting! My name is MO and I live on Vancouver Island, BC Canada. This blog is to share with others my love of nature and homemade life like crochet, gardening, decorating, flowers, art, crafts, photos and perhaps the occasional recipe as well. Please drop by frequently and feel free to share. If you would like to send me an email, my address is murmursdfa@gmail.com

Monday, June 24, 2013

Checking out the garden

Hi There
It stopped raining for a couple of hours, so decided to go outside this afternoon to check on my potted plants out on the patio. Most are recovering from being munched by the deer. These two were in my garden today. One has a nice velvety rack.  The deer in our area are quite small, not anything like the size of the deer you might see out in our Prairie Provinces.



The patio area has been really bugging me as I don't know quite what I'm going to do with it yet. These munched plants are on the bloom again, despite lack of sunshine.
 
 
These miniature petunias are so cute.
 

 

 
We are planning to build a privacy fence at some point, but not sure when we will get the time to do that...so the patio continues to be a 'work in progress'. Nasturtiums in my hanging patio pots are peeking up over the top of the pots.  I planted them late and they were old seeds from last year so wasn't sure they would even germinate.  So only time will tell if they come to bloom.  My herbs (parsley, sage, oregano, basil, thyme) are doing well, the dill shrivelled up and died.  That's what I'm going to do if I don't see more sunshine! HA!  Just watch me complain when the summer heat does arrive! 


 





   The urns and baskets out front are doing very well...lots of color happening there.
 

 
This begonia is almost neon...it is so bright!
 

 These begonias do okay under overcast skies,
 but the rest of the little plantings need a shot of sunshine.
 

 
My baskets are developing and should be quite showy come July.






 





 
Just posting these flowery pictures cheers me up today.
Until next time, MO

No comments:

Post a Comment