About Me

My photo
BC, Canada
Hello Everyone and thank you for visiting! My name is MO and I live on Vancouver Island, BC Canada. This blog is to share with others my love of nature and homemade life like crochet, gardening, decorating, flowers, art, crafts, photos and perhaps the occasional recipe as well. Please drop by frequently and feel free to share. If you would like to send me an email, my address is murmursdfa@gmail.com

Monday, July 15, 2013

Coho Salmon...Yummy!

Hello
This week has been busy with summertime.  Lots of warm sunshine, blue skies, and ocean breezes. We were gifted with some fresh caught coho salmon.





I made a marinade for the salmon, and it was oh so good.

Recipe for Marinade:
2 finely chopped garlic cloves
6 TB oil  (I used a light veggie oil, olive oil is good too)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 T lemon juice
1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley 
1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
Mix the above ingredients pour over fish and let marinate for 1 hour.  I used fresh herbs from my little garden.  Nothing beats fresh herbs!  I Pam sprayed the aluminum foil for easy clean up.






Cover with foil and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Heat over to 400.  Remove foil cover and bake salmon for 35 - 45 minutes depending on thickness.  Do not overcook or salmon with get dry.

I made a salad using: cucumber, tomato, yellow pepper, celery, crumbled feta cheese, salt & pepper and olive oil.  This goes soooooooooo well with salmon!


 

Also steamed some sticky rice in my rice cooker...I luv my rice cooker!!!  Cooked up some fresh peas and Ta-dah......a scrum-tilly-ish-ous summertime meal!!!
 
 
 


Summertime fishing seems to be doing well... coho and pink salmon and ling cod are what the sport fishermen are pulling in these days.
 
Until next time, MO
 

No comments:

Post a Comment